Friday, September 9, 2011

Ephesians 4:25 Lying:)

Therefore put away lying. Let each of one of you speak truth with his neighbor. Ephesians 4:25

Why do we lie? why do we try to cover up things? Did Jesus lie to us? No. Absolutely not!  When we are honest with each other, we keep the bonds that hold us together strong, making it difficult for Satan to tear us down. Doing ministry is great and it is what we are called to do, but more importantly we are called to be honest with each other and to esteem each other higher than ourselves.

Yesterday , I became very upset with a sister who was trying to simply instruct on something. Pride set in and I got up and walked out. Today, I realized had she not been truthful with me and told me how to do something the correct way, I would have never learned. She just could have let me fall on my face, but she chose not to and I am so thankful for her heart.

The truth hurts, but lying and not saying anything hurts even more. More importantly, it grieves the heart of our Father, who loves us so incredibly much.

Application verse- “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27


This verse is is such a blessing! I have to hold it close everyday. In order for me to be truthful with others and to love others, I have to first love the Lord with everything inside of me. This is an everyday process. But He gave so much for us and I have to learn how to fall in love with Him again. When we love the Lord, we love others. God is love. and therefore, when His love is planted deeply inside of us, we are able to love others with His heart and His Spirit of Truth. Nothing can be done apart from Him Its all His work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment