Monday, September 12, 2011

Luke 17:6

And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamore tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. 

This verse is so special right now, because the Lord is bringing me through a huge trial of faith. Last year, broke my foot and it almost  a year to heal. Needless to say I grew very frustrated every time I would visit the hospital. I would keep telling them- that my God would heal my foot and when I returned, they always made comments like "ok, you just believe, what you want to believe.

It became very discouraging and over the year, my hope in God began to dwindle. My heart began to grow numb and bitter. The enemy began to attack my min and so many ways and I was too weak to fight him off. The Lord has brought many sisters in my life that finally taught me that faith is not based on our emotions. Our emotions are always changing. When the Lord tests our faith, He sometimes makes it so we cat feel Him or hear Him anymore. We ask "Lord aren't You there? "Why cant I feel You"? He does this so that we can strengthen our faith in Him have a better understanding of who He is.

application-  Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.


As the days pass by, sometimes its hard and i ask the Lord to graciously restore my faith. And many times He hath said, I have been faithful in the former rains and I will be be faithful in the latter. But as for now, I cling to the Rock that is higher than I. Each day gets a little easier and day by day, the little seed that is planted, will grow into something so much greater. Through continued prayer and seeking His truth through the Word, I pray the Lord will continue to do a miracle with the tiny little seed. I can only put my trust in Him. 


On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is Sinking Sand
All other ground is Sinking Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment