Saturday, October 15, 2011

Galatians 6:8 Sowing and Reaping :) October 14,2011

 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:8

What shall I gain if I give into the lusts of my flesh? Well, it would ignorant to say nothing. I shall gain my flesh. As believers we are called to live above reproach and live in and by the Spirit. It is here, where we can find true freedom and communion with Him. 2 Corinth  3:17 says Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty.

I have applied this passage to my thought life. Something I have struggled with for many years. If i sow seeds of doubt, I surely get doubt. If i sow seeds of anger and resentment, I grow bitterness in my soul. But if I sow seeds of love and righteousness, I truly believe, I can find a freedom in Christ.

After many months of struggling with my faith, I know see that I have been angry with the Lord for not meeting my expectations with certain things. I started to get so angry that I started to doubt Him and forget all His faithfulness. Now, after letting these lies take root in my mind, I now have to go back and reverse those lies. I have to retrain my mind that God is real, He is there and that He loves me more than I could ever know.

I choose not to believe these lies any more. I desire to more sow to Him and His Spirit. I know this will be hard. I know it will be painful,but if I continue to sow to His Spirit little by little , the Lord will be gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment