Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Luke 17:7

This passage is a very special one. The disciples are inquisitive about learning how to increase their faith in the Lord. "Increase our Faith", they said.

This passage spoke to my heart. Last night the girls were talking about mustard seeds. Paige asked Courtney how small they were and when we saw the picture- I thought wow! The Lord can do something amazing with something that small!

This verse, Jesus asks then, would you ask your servant to come, sit at once and eat after you just put in a hard days work? No!

We are to be obedient, serving the Lord fully with all of our hearts. We can increase our faith through serving others. Jesus doesn't say to increase your faith in Me you must....... . Instead He begins to tell a story and give an example  that is is able to challenge His disciples hearts. A story that is able to challenge our hearts as well.

Ministry doesn't end. As long as there is breath in these lungs, I know that I am called to serve Him. This means when I'm feeble and weak. When my legs shake and my mind and heart cant think or feel anymore- that is when I can rely on His strength the most and continue to press on toward the goal. Not once should I ask Him- Lord , can I sit down and have a break from serving You. He promises us an eternity with Him and until that day- we need to be busy about doing our Heavenly Fathers work.

I will accept this task with grateful heart because when I look at the cross, I am reminded of what He has done.

As I continue to ask the Lord to increase my faith in Him, I need to take heed the words that He has graciously spoken in His word. I desire to serve the Lord, wake up every morning, asking my Master what I can do for Him. It is in His service is where faith can grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment