Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Luke 17:8

"But will he rather not say to him, prepare something for my supper and gird yourself and serve me till i have eaten and drunk and afterward you will eat and drink." Luke 17:8

We have learned this past week that when Jesus washed his disciples feet, He took of His garments, girded Himself. He knelt down and washed their feet. He gave us an amazing example of what Calvary love is and how we should treat our neighbor.

When I got saved, I was so joyful and so thankful to be alive that I would have taken a knee everyday to my friends and family who didn't have the love of Christ. I experienced a love so great that I couldn't wait to share it with others. The basin was always ready.

However, throughout the years, I have grown very dull in my service and even complacent in my walk, that I have forgotten how to wash my neighbors feet. I forgot how to gird myself and how to prepare a meal for others, before serving myself.

I have even developed the American mentality "its all about me and my needs" and have not even felt bad at times for serving myself first. I feel like the woman (adulteress) in Proverbs who wipes her mouth and says" I have done nothing wrong". Horrible.

In recognizing this, I need to first repent and ask My Savior for mercy and forgiveness. Then I need to start girding, and humbling myself to help serve others. I am looking forward to serving the elderly during the Thanksgiving holiday, sharing the love of Christ by singing Hymns and songs of praise!  ( no matter how grumpy they get) :)

And I will continue to hold onto the hope to the Ultimate Thanksgiving day when we eat and drink with Our Master.

Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment